Wednesday 11 December 2013

Ten things which I learned of from Steven Gilligan

Ten things I had no experience and/or knowledge of until I was introduced to them by our much-missed friend Steven Gilligan:
  1. Buffalo Tom
  2. John Constantine, Hellblazer
  3. J-Pop
  4. My Bloody Valentine
  5. A Song of Ice and Fire
  6. Using a small amount of water to wash out the inside of a ketchup bottle
  7. Vic Reeves’ Big Night Out
  8. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  9. Wim Wenders
  10. Funerals
I'm grateful for some more than others. My life has not been improved by the addition of Mini Moni songs to my inner playlist. Not one bit. On the other hand, the first time Steven showed me an episode of Vic Reeves, I laughed so hard and so suddenly that tea shot out of my nose.

Wednesday is list day. This is list #14.

2 comments:

  1. 1. The Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game
    2. German heavy metal
    3. Big Black
    4, Fish finger sandwiches
    5. Patchouli Oil
    6. Thee Hypnotics
    7. Seven Samurai
    8. Studio Ghibli
    9. Galaxie 500
    10. The art of Roger Dean
    11. Twelve hours of terror and confusion at the 1990 Reading Festival

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - excellent list.

    1 (along with you), 3, 5, 6, 9 (still one of my favourite bands) and 11 for me too. I think I first heard of Studio Ghibli in SFX.

    ReplyDelete